Sunday, January 24, 2010

Musings on a Sunday Morning

In LA (that is Lower Alabama for all who don't live in the Deep South) life doesn't move too fast. But on a Sunday Morning, things slow way down! I guess it's in our natural Southern Heritage to love it that way! So getting up early this morning to make that early appointment was especially hard.



To top off the Sunday morning madness, it was raining "cats and dogs" (another phrase that is used meaning a real downpour). I had looked at the forecast on Saturday and knew what was in store... had even called the early morning client to be sure that they still wanted to peruse the homes selected. It was a unanimous YES!



So let the madness begin... up before light, hit the scales (for another blog someday... another daily drudgery while trying to lose weight), then finally to the shower to awaken myself! After a good cleasning of cobwebs in the brain and body, I find my way to the toothbrush and razor. Now, I am ready to get out and get soaked in the windy cold rain!



Breakfast is next (if you can call what i am eating on my diet real breakfast) and then finally settling down to check the email and daily MLS postings and AHA! A new found client that has been perusing my website has been promted to finally ask questions about a home. What great joy to come on such a dreadful day! On to Facebook, and all my friends seem to be living better than usual lives.

Just as the day was seemingly getting better and better, the phone buzzes in a text message. Just as I had thought... "The weather is bad, and we need to postphone our outing to search for a home today." Now that is just "peachy" (another Southern idiom that means that life is absolutely fabulous). My schizophrenia is now working overtime... am I sad or happy? Best bet is that I am absolutely happy that I don't have to get out in the wet world quite so early, but am sad that I am up on this lazy Sunday morning!

Such is life. The mixture of sweet perfume and pungent odors! The happiness of having a client who is wanting to buy a home, and the sadness of having to be prepared to meet the daily duty to do so. The graciousness of a cool drink of water on a parching hot August day, but the cold stinging of a wind forced rain on a January morning! All in all, life is great! As the song says... "What a wonderful world" we live in; too much to be thankful for to become a person who dwells on the negativiy of the what can happen to you. Someone wrote a simple thing once, and I regret that I can not remember who.... "we wake up in the morning and make a choice... today I may choose to be happy or sad... to be negative or positive... to be helpful or hurtful...

Today I choose to be Thankful to a great and gracious God who has blessed me and my family with rich rewards even now! I choose to be positive and helpful and happy!!! Today will bring forth Great Things!!!

Thanks for reading my blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment